Friday, March 09, 2007

Ordered My GPS!

I ordered my Venture Cx this morning from Amazon. Hopefully I'll be able to get it by midweek next week. I'm anxious to try it out. Until then, I'm trying to play around with the Pocket Queries from www.Geocaching.com.

I'm having a tough time getting it to work properly. Whenever I type in my zip code or coordinates, it will pull up 300+ caches near me. But when I put together a pocket query, I only get back about 100. I see a few that I wish I got in my pocket query, but didn't show up in my results. I thought I had it set to grab everything within a 60 mile radius. I've probably done 7 pocket queries over the last two days in hopes to get the info I want. But no luck. I'll still mess around with it. I'm sure it's more simple than I'm making it out to be. Until then, I'm just going to hand select the Caches I want to visit and put it into the GSAK.

No comments: