Monday, May 14, 2007

Permission or Not...

This last weekend, my wife and son and I went to Bozeman to visit some friends that were in town. So I brought the geocoin that wants to visit universities with me. My intention was to take a picture of the coin with the University sign before dropping the coin off in a local cache. Well, I was able to get the picture just fine, but I wasn't able to drop off the coin. My son was very cranky. I tried to find a quick one, but he didn't cooperate. I had to get on the road. That sux. I really wanted to move this coin along. But at least I got 3 pictures to upload to the coin log. One for MSU-Bozeman, one for MSU-Billings, and one for Rocky Mountain College. I think I'll drop off the coin at a travelbug hotel that's nearby. I'm hoping that it will move along. If not, I'm heading to California this summer. Maybe I'll pick it up if he's stuck in B-town.

I came across a muggled cache last week. I emailed the owner stating that film can was thrown to the side, but no log in sight. I took the film can with me, as I didn't know where it was originally hidden and there was no log. He got back to me on Saturday and asked that I put the can back and he'll put in a new log. Unfortunately, I didn't see where he was referring to. I gave him the info where I found it. So hopefully that cache will be active soon.

Since I was out and about, I decided I'd go after a cache. This one was near an entrance of a business. So there's all kinds of muggles. I spot checked around, trying to act casual, but with no luck. If I stuck around too much longer, I'm sure somebody would get suspicious. I don't think I'm going to go back for this one. I guess this is why many people don't like urban caches. I don't like the ones on business property...permission or not. I like the ones in parks or any other area that's easy to get to without dodging the muggle-gaze.

Oh well. I think I need to find a few caches to log. I haven't been doing so hot lately. Uggg.

No comments: