Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Fort DFN!


I decided to go after a multi-stage cache in Riverfront Park. A little ambitious for a lunch hour cache, but I figured if I couldn't complete it in one day, that would be OK. The first coordinates took me to a really cool place. It was like a fort made of fallen trees and branches. It reminds me of a crude sweat lodge or something. If I found this as a kid, man, I'd always hang out there. There was a bit of trash there. Empty juice bottles and cigarette pack. I'll have to go back with a trash bag and see if I can't clean a bit of that up. At any rate, did I find the first coordinates? Nope. I looked all over that thing for at least 30 minutes. It is suppose to be a match container. Uggg. Now I know why people hate micros in the woods. My GPS was bouncing all over the place. The section it told me it was couldn't be the coordinates as there is nothing there. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fort. I tried pretty hard to find it. But I had to give up, or I'd be late for work.

On the way back to the office, I decided I'd log a DNF and ask for a hint. But after reading the logs, everybody seemed to find it except for 2. They said it was a tough hide. Well, I didn't feel quite right about swallowing my pride so early. I think I'll give it another go before asking for a hint.

1 comment:

Tortoiseshell said...

excellent geocaching blog!