Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Format For This Blog

One of the problems with this blog is the fact there could be spoilers or I discuss a cache that I didn't like or agree with. I use this blog like an additional journal of my geocaching adventures. Talking about stuff I wouldn't put on my caching logs because it could offend, or spoil the fun for others.

Well, I was torn on how I should handle these issues on this blog. I asked around on the Groundspeak forums and people thought I handle it pretty well. The way I had it organized, each entry, I had a section where I list the caches I go after and then a small entry describing my adventure on that particular cache. I would be vague as possible as to not spoil the fun for others. When I do have 'too much information,' I would write a spoiler warning in bold red.

I decided, after reading a few other blogs, not to do this anymore. I'm no longer going to be putting the cache name and reference at the beginning of my blog. This way, I can be as descriptive as I want to be, without giving anything away because people don't know which cache I'm talking about. Besides, the cache reference is listed on my Groundspeak profile, and putting it here too is just redundant. I suppose if people really wanted to know which cache I'm referring to, they can cross reference this blog to my Groundspeak logs.

I'd like to point out, however, that I may still refer to a specific cache. I'll try my best to warn you of any spoilers, but there are no guarantees. Read at your own risk. ;)

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments: